Graduate of Bauman Moscow State Technical University; Moscow Academy of Economics and Law.
Professional experience: since 2001.
Elena specializes in complex support of projects and has great experience in consulting of Russian and international companies on a wide range of issues connected with pre-investment due diligence of large companies, imposition of taxes, business activity risks identification.
She has extensive experience in litigation in the sphere of commercial disputes, including those related to challenging the founders' fraudulent actions within corporate conflicts, challenging the deals with preference or objecting against commencement of bankruptcy proceedings, disputes with government agencies including those arising from civil law contracts.
Before joining the team of Kazakov and Partners Attorneys at Law Elena had successfully headed the department of tax disputes at a large production holding (over 25 production plants), that was organized from scratch, provided support in course of more than 100 tax audits and participated in disputes arising out of them, becides she used to be the leading specialist at the Federal Foundation for the Protection of Investors' and Shareholders' Rights.
Elena is the author of numerous publications in such media as Tax Bulletin, Managing Director, Foreign Capital in Russia, Taxation in Banks, Arbitration Practice, and others.
Areas of practice:
- Administrative law
- Disputes with state authorities
- Corporate law
- Tax law
Court proceedings in commercial litigation projects:
- Administration of a project of challenging the deals concluded by the managing director in bad faith under circumstances of corporate conflict of the participants.
- Participation in a dispute on retrieving of a large factory, alienated as a consequence of an invalid transaction (rei vindicatio).
- Participation in a dispute with Moscow City Government on recovery of a loss of expected profit and losses connected with the termination of an investment contract.
- Participation in a range of cases connected with parties' non-fulfillment of obligations under work and labour contracts in course of construction of oil refining facilities.