Graduate of Samara State University.
Pavel Posashkov was admitted to the bar in 2005 and immediately joined the team of Kazakov and Partners Attorneys at Law.
He has profound knowledge of the specifics of operation of the major gas monopolies as well as upstream sector companies dealing with exploration and extraction of gas. He is also familiar with the functioning of the largest companies engaged in production and sales of electrical and thermal energy particularly in the Moscow city area.
Mr. Posashkov possesses extensive experience of successful defense of clients in courts of commercial disputes including disputes with the Federal Tax Service (appeals of decisions based on the results of field tax audits), the Federal Antimonopoly Service (appeals of decisions, instructions and regulations on imposing of administrative sanctions).
On numerous occasions he successfully defended the rights of the clients in the highest courts of the Russian Federation, in particular in the Supreme Arbitrazh Court of the Russian Federation, the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation (also, following the dissolution of the Supreme Arbitrazh Court of the Russian Federation) and the Constitutional Court of the Russian Federation.
Areas of practice:
- Tax law and tax disputes
- Environmental law
- Antitrust law
- Customs legislation
- Gas supply disputes
- Other disputes under commercial contracts
- numerous successful appeals of court decisions on multibillion cases and of multiple additional charges based on the results of field tax audits brought against the largest taxpayers in the gas and petroleum refining industry, companies active in electrical power generation as well as disputing other non-regulatory acts of the tax authorities;
- numerous court appeals of denial of VAT refunds on behalf of companies of different sizes;
- judicial refund of overpaid taxes and interest charges;
- participation in disputes with Rosprirodnadzor (the Federal Service for Supervision of Natural Resource Usage) on behalf of a major gas and petroleum refining company in relation to imposition of large pollution charges during which the court supported the company;
- protection of interests of the largest Russian gas suppliers in pre-contractual negotiations;
- appeals of refusals to register transfers of title to of real estate property;
- drafting legal opinions on tax and antitrust risks involved in implementing various ways of asset disposition by the clients' companies;
- protection of interests of a major digital equipment importer in course of the procedure of refund of overpaid customs duties;
- participation in corporate disputes.